This blog has moved to a new & improved location! Please visit this page at the new location by clicking here.
Some of us have mothers who have passed on & Mother's Day can be a sad day. However, we can hopefully put a smile on someone else's day by "adopting" them. After my aunt passed away several years ago, my cousin sent a Mother's Day card to my mother every year. After my mother passed away two years ago, I have carried on the tradition by sending a Mother's day card to my mother's friend of over 30 years, Kay. My mother & Kay took several cruises together, played bridge together for many years & Kay visited my mother often, when she was in the hospital. Kay never had children, so it seemed natural for me to "adopt" her for Mother's Day.
For this years card, I used the CTMH Skylark paper, teal shimmer trim & Lagoon ink. Other items used:
- butterfly on the front - Martha Stewart
- Gold embellishment - Embossmints foil stickers (from HSN)
- light blue dragonfly paper (old paper pack) die cut with...
- Anna Griffin die cut
- inside - CTMH teal shimmer tape (LOVE this stuff!)
- inside - label from Skylark paper was embossed with an embossing folder from The Paper Studio then...
- ...distressed on the edges with Zutter Distrezz-It-All then...
- ...inked on the edges with CTMH Lagoon ink pad
The verse on the inside reads:
Many people will walk in and out of your life.
But only true friends will leave footprints on your heart.
--- Eleanor Roosevelt
Happy Mother's Day to my & my mother's friend!
So for those of you who will be with your mothers on Sunday, have a wonderful Mother's Day!.