Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Graduation card - Arizona State!

This blog has moved to a new & improved location!  Please visit this page at the new location by clicking here.






A friend's son graduated from Arizona State this year.  Here's the card I made for him, using the ASU colors (go Sun Devils!)  This was the first time using the pen option on the Cricut Explore & I only used it for the "Nice Hat!" sentiment on the front.  And, I did this at the last minute, so didn't note all the finer details involved in making this card. 

The text is the Ashlyn's Alphabet cartridge.  The hat & tassel is from the Cricut Lite Recess cartridge.  The year is cut from some shiny, gold paper from an Anna Griffin kit I bought from HSN.  I forget what I used for the card base & layers.  Plus, I embossed the yellow layer but forget what folder was used.  (Sorry!)

For the liner, I used this digital paper, which has a faint, diagonal stripe to it.



The stamp is from the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy stamp set & I used CTMH Desert Sand ink.

The font for the inside verse is Airstream.

No comments: