Monday, August 26, 2013

Momism book

This blog has moved to a new & improved location!  Please visit this page at the new location by clicking here.



I compiled this booklet last year. After my mother passed away, I had this insatiable need to make something physical that would either remind people of her or would acquaint people with her.  For several months, I fought with this need, since I really didn't know what I wanted to make or how to make it.  I just knew I needed to make something.  I bought all the right tools but nothing really came to fruition, until I made this booklet.  This was very cathartic for me & I still make them to give to people.  

Since I it was a booklet with photographs, I wanted to find photo paper that was printable on both sides.  I'd never heard of such a thing, but thanks to Google, I realized what I needed was "brochure" paper.  

The pages were assembled in Microsoft Publisher 2010.

I also found the Zutter Dreamkutz very helpful for this project.  It's a pretty limited tool.  But when you want to cut a lot of paper that is 12 inches or less in half, this tool is very helpful because it's faster than using a traditional guillotine paper cutter.

Finally, to bind the booklets, I used the Zutter Bind-It-All. 

















No comments: