Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Hostess gift boxes for flameless candles

This blog has moved to a new & improved location!  Please visit this page at the new location by clicking here.



Last holiday season, my hostess gift of choice was a flameless candle bought in three packs from QVC.  But since they came in a three pack, I needed a box for each one.  So...I made them on my Silhouette Cameo.



This one was gifted right before Thanksgiving, so I wanted a fall theme but not really Thanksgiving, yet.



This one was for a Thanksgiving evening get together.  I wanted a fall theme but this one also bordered upon Christmas.  The butterfly is a Spellbinders die from the Wonderful Wings set, which is one of my favorites.






This one was for a Christmas party so all out, full Monty Christmas theme.



Another Christmas themed one:




I made a poinsettia for the top of the two Christmas themed boxes.  I cut the three layers, assembled them largest on the bottom & the smaller ones on top & secured with a brad.

The cut for the box was from SilhouetteOnline.  This is the bottom of the box.  I also cut a square from a cereal or cracker box that was the size of the bottom of the assembled box.  I used some of the scraps to cover it, then put it in the bottom to give the box more strength.  Since the lids are not tight fitting, I always secured them to the bottom of the box by tying with a ribbon.  This prevents someone from picking it up by the sides & the lid sliding off & letting the bottom of the box (and the candle!) fall.



This is the top of the box:


These are the cuts for the poinsettia:













No comments: