Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bob's birthday card - it's MUSICAL!

This blog has moved to a new & improved location!  Please visit this page at the new location by clicking here.



This card looked better in my mind than it ended up in reality.  However, it still turned out nicely, I think.  Especially since I utilized two new techniques I'd never done before.  One was creating my own print & cut for my Silhouette Cameo (for the text on the front).  And the other... was because this is a MUSICAL card!  

What made this card extra special (IMO!) is that when you open it, it plays the song "Windy".  What's so special about that you ask.  Well, this particular rendition was recorded in 1968 or 1969 & was performed by the Camelback High School Stage band.  And...the drummer was...Bob!  
 
I bought the voice modules from InviteByVoice.com - it was VERY easy to program.  With your order, they include a programming module that allows you to connect the voice module to your computer via USB port.  They have some free software that then allows you to write your audio file to the voice module. Easy peasy.  You can order directly from their website or find them on Ebay, Etsy & Amazon. I ordered directly from their website & my order arrived very quickly.

The drums on the front were cut with my Cricut using the Quarternote cartridge. They are sparkly, glittery, shimmery blue because that's what Bob's drums were. 

I also bought an ION Profile Pro vinyl to MP3 turntable from Amazon that I used to convert the LP to MP3.  It did a great job & was very easy to use.  



The video below shows how the musical card works!  Click here  if you don't see the video below.



No comments: